Hatzis Lawyers deals with the following aspects of Family Law:
We assist our clients with regards to property disputes by advising the following:
- The division of property between the parties;
- Injunctions restraining one party from dealing with the property or a certain item of property;
- Superannuation issues including splitting and flagging superannuation;
- Binding Financial Agreements; and
- Applications for Consent Orders.
The types of Binding Financial Agreements that are available are:
- Agreements prior to marriage or entering into a de facto relationship;
- Agreements during a marriage; and
- Agreements after separation.
We act in all matters regarding de facto property under the Family Law Act.
In order to proceed with your divorce, we will require:
Your original marriage certificate (issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages of the State in which you were married). If you do not have this document, then further fees will be payable by you for us to obtain this certificate on your behalf.
We can assist you with all aspects of enforcement of outstanding child support. An application can be brought to the Child Support Agency seeking that a party pay more than the typical amount under the administrative formula.
We can assist you in navigating the adoption process. It is important that anyone considering adoption seek legal advice on that issue because there are significant consequences if these matters are not handled correctly, including offences relating to the adoption of children.