Can your ex-partner refuse to let you see your kids for Christmas?

Do you have children under 16 that don’t live with you anymore due to the break up of your family?

Do you have your Christmas Holidays sorted with your ex partner so that the children will spend quality time with
you and your extended family over the holiday season?

Are you able to talk with your ex partner to organise contact time with your children?

Do you get to see them regularly?

If you answered no to all of the above questions and you miss your children and want to see them this Christmas, then you need to see your trusted local Family Lawyer and make an application to the Court NOW.

Christmas is a time when we turn to the thought of family reunions and quality time with those that we love most. It is a time of holidays and laughter and a refocus of our year in review as we look forward to the coming new year.

We, in particular, love celebrating our Christmases in Brisbane with our families and friends. Brisbane is a great place to unwind and enjoy the sunshine.

Christmas, however, has a darker side for many parents that have separated. Some parents can’t let go of their issues with their former spouse and use the children as weapons in a tug of war over their affections and loyalties.

While we understand that the world is not a perfect place and that we can’t magically fix every broken family, we recognise that the courts can play a moderating role in bringing a measure of calm to often very volatile relationships.

If you aren’t sure that you will get to see your kids because you can’t get agreement from your ex spouse, then you need to see your trusted local Family Lawyer NOW.

We can provide you with advice that will give you time to decide if you need to make an application to the court and to prepare your paperwork for real and meaningful time with your children, not just for Christmas, but for life.

Feel free to contact our Family Law Team at or call us on  1300 HATZIS (1300 428 947)