Are Your Contractors Really Employees?
Many businesses wish to mobilize their staff to Contractors rather than hire as employees.
George Hatzis conducts small business planning consultations and asset protection consultations at our Sunnybank Hills, Forest Lake and West End offices and regularly addresses this question.
Many of our small business clients who seek our advice in small business planning find that their Sub-contractors or Contractors are really employees.
Some of the questions you should ask yourself as part of our consultations:
- Can your Contractor legally work for another employer?
- Does your Contractor advertise for work you give to the Contractor?
- Are they registered for GST?
- Do they have their own systems for credit control?
- Are they incorporated as a company or have their own Business name?
- Do they employ individuals as employees or Contractors?
These are questions you have to ask yourself in order to succeed in any claim made against you by disgruntled “employees”.
For further assistance, call our law firm on 1300 HATZIS (1300 428 947) and book now for a small Business planning Consultation and visit our Sunnybank Hills, West End or Forest Lake Offices.